Summer Diet Plan after Breeding Season
Hello Dear Lafeber,
I hope this message finds you well. I really appreciate your unconditional support for birds all over the world. I seek your guidance regarding daily diet plan of my parrots (Alexanderines and Rose-ringed Indian Parakeets (around 25 pairs) after the end of breeding season and during the off-season when birds’ nest boxes are removed. As the breeding season has come to an end, all the parrots have been shifted to aviary having size of 24×18 feet. Almost all birds are on seasonal moult which is why I didn’t deworm the birds and intends to do it three weeks before the breeding season that starts from October. It summer and scorching heat heat here in our region. Temperatures go higher and higher (night: 30-33 degree Celsius and day: 40-48 degree Celsius). Our daily diet routine is as follows:
1. 24 hours Soaked Black Native Grams in the morning
2. Vegetable or Fruit (each day different vegetable or fruit) in the noon
3. Mix Seeds before the evening
4. Vitamins +electrolytes supplement (Replenish) in water almost 4 days per week
5. American Garden Apple Vinegar in the water once in 10 days).