Pediatric Patient On the Way?
For most veterinarians, chicks are seen only sporadically in clinical practice–which can shake your confidence.
Use LafeberVet’s NEW Ten Tips for Evaluating Chicks in the Exam Room as a clinical aide to start your pediatric visit off right.*
LV’s Growing Pediatric Medicine Library
Thanks in part to contributor Dr. Sam Rivera, LafeberVet has a growing number of articles on avian pediatric medicine.
Use new Ten Tips to get started, and then visit the following articles for more, in-depth information:
- NEW Avian Polyomavirus Primer
- Client handout: Orphaned Wildlife – Baby Birds
- Client handout: Polyomavirus
- Client handout: Prepare Your Home for Your New Baby Bird
- Client handout: Training Basic Skills
- Crop Stasis in Birds
- Pediatric avian medicine: Diagnostic Testing
- Pediatric avian medicine: Husbandry-Related & Developmental Conditions
- Pediatric avian medicine: Infectious Diseases of the Psittacine Chick
- Pediatric avian medicine: Traumatic Conditions in the Psittacine Chick
- Physical Examination of the Chick
- Raising Orphaned Raptors
- NEW Songbird Housing Checklist features advice on baby bird and fledgling housing
Lafeber Company 24981 N 1400 East Road Cornell IL 61319 800.842.6445