Intensive Care HDN Kidney or “Highly Digestible Nutrition” is a semi-elemental therapeutic diet scientifically designed to meet the needs of the feline with Chronic Kidney Disease. Developed by veterinarians and nutritionists, this formula provides controlled levels of phosphorous and low sodium, easily absorbable amino acids, increased potassium, l-carnitine, and omega-3 fatty acids. Intensive Care HDN Kidney Feline is designed to control clinical signs of uremia and minimize progression of kidney disease while sustaining lean muscle mass.
- Highest kcal/ml for feline kidney disease: 1.45 kcal/ml
- Highly digestible essential amino acids like L-carnitine to support lean muscle mass and combat cachexia
- Controlled phosphorous levels help delay the progression of CKD
- Omega 3 fatty acids – EPA & DHA – aid in slowing CKD progression Antioxidants to minimize oxidative stress
- Semi-elemental diet = Fastest nutrient absorption
- Easy to administer through a tube as small as 5Fr.
- 30-day shelf life after opening
- Available in 100-gram and 400-gram pouches
Store in a cool, dry space. Refrigerate after opening, and use within 1 month of opening. The shelf life of an unopened bag is indicated by the “Best Before” date, which is 18 months from the manufacturing date.
***WARNING*** This has been scientifically designed to be highly digestible. Avoid contamination by handling the product carefully. Keep the powder dry until ready to mix with water, and use a clean, dry scoop. Do not cross-contaminate with scoops using non-EmerAid foods as contamination can cause harmful bacterial growth.
For additional features and benefits, visit Emeraid.com