Nominations are closed
Nominations are now closed for the 2021 T.J. Lafeber Avian Practitioner of the Year. The independent Award Committee will select finalists in June and the Awardee will be announced at ExoticsCon 2021.
The T.J. Lafeber Avian Practitioner of the Year is an outstanding practitioner that has advanced the quality of health care for companion birds. This award is given annually, or at the committee’s discretion. Important criteria for this award include:
- Clinical excellence
- Promotion of the profession
- Contributions to the knowledge base
- Caring and compassion to their patients and clients
Visit Lafeber.com for a list of previous Award recipients.
Did you know?
- The T.J. Lafeber Avian Practitioner of the Year is nominated by their peers. The Awardee is not, and has never been, selected by Lafeber Company.
- Once all nominations are received, the Award Committee narrows the field to a list of finalists.
- All nominations are equally weighted. A veterinarian that has received multiple nominations does not have a higher chance of being selected as a finalist by the Award Committee than an individual with a single nomination.
- The autonomous Award committee, consisting of Association of Avian Veterinarians members, is led by Dr. Kenneth Welle, Clinical Assistant Professor of the Zoological Medicine Service at the University of Illinois College of Veterinary Medicine. A Lafeber Company Veterinary Consultant, who does not a vote on the Award recipient, manages Committee paperwork and scheduling only.
Questions or concerns
Contact the Committee Administrator with any questions or concerns.